They need you. We need you. You can make a difference.
As the largest animal welfare organization on the West Coast, the San Francisco SPCA relies on the assistance of caring, hardworking volunteers in all our programs. You can help us reach our goal to end animal abandonment in San Francisco by 2020.
Every day at the SF SPCA more than 1,400 volunteers make an enormous difference in our lifesaving mission. Our volunteers:
- Brighten the lives of thousands of animals and people
- Receive extensive training, guidance, and support
- Develop animal handling skills and expertise in animal behavior
- Gain valuable work experience
- Meet new people who share similar values and interests
- Most volunteer positions require a commitment of at least six months.
- Attendance at a volunteer info session is required to begin (see link below).
- Anyone 18 years or older may apply to become an SF SPCA volunteer. If you are under 18, we have great youth volunteer programs.
Ready to get started?
Watch this video to find out about different volunteer opportunities at the San Francisco SPCA.